Monday, September 22, 2014

HUEVOS RANCHEROS

OMGOMGOMG okay hey y'all!
 Okay so Issie from work gave me a bag of those cute little sweet peppers. I decided to stuff them with Italian sausage, orzo, and Monterrey jack cheese. Keeton was super pumped about them and OF COURSE we ate all of them in one sitting. (shwoops)
 I couldn't figure out how to keep the stuffing in the peppers so I ended up baking them in a muffin tin. We just used to tomato sauce we had laying around to complete the meal! I am going to be stuffing all peppers I get my hand on in this fashion moving forward!!!
 BUT THE THING I AM MOST EXCITED ABOUT IS THE DELICIOUS HUEVOS RACHEROS I MADE. K's favorite breakfast is huevos rancheros (he is from Texas after all) and I wasn't even sure I had ever had them before. But I cooked down some of the aforementioned peppers with tomatoes, onion, chipotle peppers and garlic. That got blitzed up (immersion blender!!!) and then I added cooked sausage and strips of red onion. All of that thrown on hot tortillas and Keeton made fried eggs. (I am not good at cooking eggs. Keeton is always in charge of them) I added more jack cheese and HOTDAMN they were good. I want to make them ALWAYS
 Enjoying the (late) brunch! Good god the house smelled good! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment